Women are at risk for heart disease which increases with age. Most women don’t know that:
- For every woman who dies from breast cancer, eight will die from a heart attack. Although the number of deaths from breast cancer is stabilizing and even dropping due to early detection and treatment, heart disease and the resulting morbidity and deaths are increasing for women.
- After age 45, the percentage of women with high blood pressure equals that of men. After age 64 a higher percentage of women than men have high blood pressure.
- Each year approximately 55,000 more women than men have strokes caused by plaque that builds up in the carotid arteries more rapidly post-menopause.
In addition, the symptoms of heart disease in women are different and often unrecognized even by physicians. Symptoms of heart disease in women include:
- Jaw, neck and shoulder pain
- Nausea, indigestion, stomach pain
- Shortness of breath
- Dizziness and/or lightheadedness
- Unusual fatigue
HeartSmart IMTplus is the safe, non-invasive, effective test for early detection of cardiovascular disease in women.