According to the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the number one cause of deaths in the U.S. is cardiovascular disease.
- More then 500,000 women die in the U.S. each year of cardiovascular disease, making it, not breast cancer, (40,000 deaths annually), their No.1 killer.
- The third most common cause of death in the U.S. is cerebrovascular disease, more commonly referred to as Stroke and Transient Ischemic Accident (TIA).
- In up to 40% of heart attack patients, traditional risk factors like elevated cholesterol, hypertension and diabetes are absent.
- Despite decades of public education and intervention, one half of Americans can expect to suffer and even die from one or another cardiovascular disease.
- One in four Americans who suffer a heart attack will die from their first incident which is frequently their first and only indication of ill health.
Our mission in bringing HeartSmartIMTplus® to the clinical diagnostic market is to reverse these devastating trends. With early detection and management of atherosclerosis, doctors and patients have a powerful tool to aid in the fight against heart attack and stroke.